Thursday, July 24, 2014

Paper Pumpkin July 2014 Wish Big

I promised a follow up post and here it is . . .

I realized that I really like jars. Various sizes and shapes, old and new. They are welcome in my home. Here are two ideas for this month's Paper Pumpkin using jars.

The Blackberry Bliss "WISH" letters are cut from the brand new Perfect Print Alphabet Bigz die on page 232 of the new catalog. The 1 1/4" letters are perfect for all kinds of projects - tags, bags, cards and jars.


The first one is a Wish jar for extra coins.  Think of a wish and save up your extra coins. A new stamp set, dinner with a friend ... It's your wish.

The other jar is for giving thanks. You can put some of your coins in here to share with others. How about a jar of things you are thankful for. Keep slips of paper near the jar. How about a family challenge that everyone puts in one slip a week about what they are thankful for. At the end of the month you can read what everyone is thankful for.

                     I am thankful for:  my family
                     I am thankful for: wonderful friends
                     I am thankful for: a God that created beautiful flowers

There is so much to be thankful for.

Here is the gift box that comes with the kit and a variation of the card.




I removed all of the die cut stars that come with the kit and put them in an empty embellishment dish. My stars are all nice and safe and the background creates a perfect stencil.  I stenciled the stars on the card base using a sponge and Pool Party ink.

So much fun in one little orange box.

4 comments:

  1. Jar junkies unite! I love these projects - I've been doing some stenciling with these sheets myself - so versatile. Thanks so much for linking at My Pumpkin Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhh yeah, I need to take the stars out like you did!! I adore your bottles. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Fun ideas. Love the jars. Love what you have done with your Paper Pumpkin! Thanks for sharing at the My Pumpkin Challenge!

    ReplyDelete